District Health Quality Management Advisors (four positions)
The district advisors will be part of a team to support the District Health Management Teams to implement the National Quality Management Strategy. The Advisors will support the DHMTs through capacity building in quality management and use of health management information systems. They will be based in the target districts under the guidance and supervision of the Team Leader.
The district advisors will:
- Promote and support the integration of quality management in the routine functioning of health care delivery in the four target districts;
- Empowerment of health professionals to continuously improve the quality of services in line with the National Quality Management Strategy;
- Support and strengthen the quality improvement teams at the districts
- Integrate the analysis and use of high quality HMIS data into the planning and quality improvement processes in the targets districts and health facilities.
The experts must have the following competences:
- Background and at least five years’ professional experience as a medical doctor, nurse-midwife and/or clinical officer
- Experience in health service management and quality management
- Excellent data management and monitoring and evaluation skills
- Substantial experience with quality improvement systems and health management information systems
- Considerable experience and proven track record providing advisory and capacity building services at DHMT level
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of Malawi
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team member, under pressure and to deadlines
- Ability to multi-task and cover multiple work streams simultaneously
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High attention to detail, precision and ability to review and ensure all details are accurate
- Self-starter; self-reliant with excellent organisational, coordination and planning skills
- Good written and spoken English.
Furthermore, given their prominent professional role it is essential that the long-term experts have either already been trained in Capacity WORKS, or undergo training by a GIZ-accredited multiplier before the commencement of the project/programme.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Leanne Turner email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 12/02/2017
- Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications will be reviewed before the close date
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 13/02/2017
- Options is an equal opportunities employer
- Candidates should not be employed in the public health sector at the time of recruitment
- Malawian citizens are particularly encouraged to apply