Deputy Team Leader / Technical Director, Saving Lives Programme
Options is seeking a Deputy Team Leader / Technical Director who as a senior member of the management team will be responsible for assuring the delivery and technical quality of programme activities and outputs. The Deputy Team Leader will, alongside the Team Leader, manage an experienced team of national and international experts to deliver this programme.
The Deputy Team Leader / Technical Director will be responsible for:
- Technical leadership across the programme:
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and technical guidance for implementation of programme activities to ensure high quality programme delivery. With the Team Leader, ensure the programme delivers against its theory of change and achieves its intended milestones.
- Implementing partner management: technical oversight of implementing partners, supporting design of workstreams and quality assurance in implementation. Ensure effective monitoring, evaluation and learning to improve ongoing implementation and disseminate successes and lessons learnt.
- Planning and management: technical oversight of annual planning and budgeting, ensuring alignment of consortium and Implementing Partner workstreams with strategic goals and that the programme delivers value for money.
- Team management and leadership: lead and manage a team of technical experts working to deliver the programme to the highest technical quality, on time and to budget.
- Client, government and partner relations: represent the programme with external partners, ensure effective coordination with government ministries, DFID, UN agencies and other development partners at national level.
The successful applicant will possess:
- At least 10 years’ experience in the management and delivery of technical support for health systems strengthening in Africa (preferably including but not limited to DFID and UN organisations).
- Significant knowledge of government health systems and proven experience building national and sub-national capacity in Africa, preferably experience of a long-term position in the region.
- Ability to provide technical oversight across a broad range of specialist areas including: health systems strengthening; maternal, newborn and child health; sexual and reproductive health; water and sanitation; and community engagement and accountability.
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic and cultural context of Sierra Leone.
- Strong client and external liaison skills, with experience of working in complex environments with government, donors and external stakeholders, using diplomacy, communication skills and leadership qualities.
- Management, strategic planning and leadership experience, with an ability to inspire high quality work, provide support and supervision, and empower team members.
- Proven ability to represent organisations and programmes at highest levels
- A postgraduate qualification in public health or a health-related discipline
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience and why you feel you are suited to this role, to Leanne Turner at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is 16 October 2016.
- Applications will be reviewed as they are received, interested applicants are encouraged to submit applicants as soon as possible.
Options is an equal opportunities employer.