Call for Senior Technical Experts
Options has a strong track record in supporting national governments to strengthen health systems to respond to disease outbreaks, for example strengthening laboratory systems in Sierra Leone through and since the Ebola outbreak. We are seeking senior technical experts with relevant experience to develop and implement our strategies for supporting global efforts for building resilient health systems in Africa.
Specifically, we are seeking expertise in:
- International health regulations (IHRs), including an understanding of relevant IHRs and supporting governments to understand and align their own health regulations with international standards;
- Epidemiology of common deadly diseases across Africa including haemorrhagic fevers (Ebola virus disease, Lassa fever), cholera, malaria, TB, HIV/AIDS, meningitis and Neglected Tropical Diseases;
- Building health systems that are resilient and responsive to future disease outbreaks, promoting accountability for prevention of health emergencies, delivery of quality health services and efficient management of health budgets;
- Strengthening national surveillance and response systems, effective use of data, and promoting cross border collaboration;
- Understanding of the key international, regional and national stakeholders involved in emergency preparedness and global health security, including WHO, CDC, academic institutions and UK bodies (PHE, Department of Health).
You will need to bring proven skills in designing donor funded programmes, including development of strategic technical approaches, design of country specific interventions, and developing relationships with partners at international and local levels.
- If you are interested, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Leanne Turner email@example.com Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 30/04/2017
Options is an equal opportunities employer