Business Development Manager
The Business Development Manager contributes to the implementation of Options’ new business strategy, supporting our approach to new clients and expansion in new countries. This is a busy and varied role, often requiring rapid responses to new ideas and opportunities. The main areas of work will include:
- Identification and tracking of new business opportunities: You will be responsible for identifying relevant opportunities for Options with existing and new clients, developing relationships with clients, consortium partners and consultants, and ensuring Options is well positioned to bid.
- Pursuit of new opportunities: You will be involved in analysis of tender documents and discussions on whether Options should bid, support development of partnerships for new opportunities, and help prepare concept notes and expressions of interest.
- Preparation of technical and commercial proposals: You will manage the development of technical proposals ensuring submission of high quality tender documents, recruit teams for new opportunities, and develop budgets and commercial proposals. You will communicate with consortium partners, clients and consultants and support negotiation of contracts.
- Other duties: you will also be involved in implementation of Options’ new business strategy including researching and developing work with new clients, new countries and new technical areas.
The successful applicant will have a relevant degree and experience in business development, fundraising or programme management in international development. You will have experience in development of budgets, submitting proposals to donor organisations, and managing relationships with clients, partner organisations and consultants. The ideal candidate will have excellent attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong time management skills, and a high level of proficiency in Word and Excel. We are looking for someone with an ability to work in a busy and dynamic team environment and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter summarising your skills and experience, and outlining why you are suited to the post of Business Development Manager to Maya Jaffe, Assistant Director of New Business and Partnerships at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: 18th September 2016 (NB no need to state a time, jobs on the company website close and are removed at 23.59)
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will provisionally be held September 29th.
Options is an equal opportunities employer