Assistant Director of Programmes
- The purpose of this job is to manage the successful delivery of a portfolio of programmes valued at c. £25 million a year that improve the health of women and children in around a dozen countries in Africa and Asia. These programmes improve health systems and the quality of health services and advocate for social change relating to health issues. Options works in partnership with governments, other companies and civil society and partnership management is an important objective of this job.
- The job involves day to day supervision of teams of programme managers, and close collaboration with peers across the organisation.
- Key tasks of the job are budget management, with detail, timeliness and accuracy critical; management of staff in the UK and overseas to ensure they are happy and performing optimally, and client relationship management to ensure client needs are known and responded to.
- The person we are looking for will be confident with a well-honed approach for addressing emergent issues to ensure the company’s risks are well-managed. We seek a style that is collaborative but independent, productive, willing and flexible.
- Experience in international development, in financial and people management and in team-work are all requirements of this job.
- The job involves numeracy; therefore excellence with Excel is necessary. The position also involves contributing to writing business proposals, so the ability to write in a style that is persuasive, evidence-based and compelling to read is also required.
- We are seeking candidates who can be relied upon to make informed decisions and who have excellent abilities to diplomatically relate to a wide range of staff and stakeholders in the UK and overseas.
- The person will need to travel to Africa and Asia about 6 times a year.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is: July 7th 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held at mutual convenience.
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit