Assistant Director New Business and Partnerships
The Assistant Director for New Business and Partnerships is a senior member of the team, and works closely with the Director of New Business and Partnerships to ensure that all Business Development (BD) work is carried out to high standards. The ADNBP plays a key role building relationships with clients and partner organisations, and ensuring high quality team work results in bids of winning quality.
There are 4 main areas of work:
- General BD: Identifying new opportunities, leading discussions to decide which opportunities to pursue, ensuring Options is well placed to bid, building partnerships and consortia for new programmes, developing work with new clients and gathering intel on the priorities of our clients and donors.
- Bid development: Analysing tender documents, leading development of technical proposals, contributing to writing/editing technical proposals, lead design and recruitment of teams, develop budgets and commercial proposals, and negotiate contracts for successful bids.
- Team Management: Manage the Business Development Managers and Business Development Assistant; ensure the team works effectively to meet multiple deadlines.
- Other responsibilities: Participate in discussions about Options strategic development, contribute to planning and managing our external engagement with potential partners, contribute to knowledge management and communications activities, represent Options at meetings with clients and partner and at other external events.
The post is based in London with some international travel.
- A relevant post-graduate qualification, preferably (but not essentially) in international health or development.
- Substantial and proven experience in developing new business in the international development sector.
- Experience of managing the proposal development process for governmental and other donors, such as DFID, KfW and USAID.
- Excellent proposal writing skills.
- Experience of developing budgets and commercial proposals for substantial programmes.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and under pressure.
- Experience in line management and management of teams.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Commitment to equal opportunities.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- To apply, please send your CV with a letter outlining how your skills and experience qualify you for this role to Jackie Lane at email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header.
- Closing date for applications is:19th March 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 27th March (TBC)
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Overseas candidates require a valid UK work permit