Accountability Coordinator, Jigawa
We are seeking a new member of the team based in Jigawa to work as an Accountability Coordinator. We are looking for someone who is committed to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, newborns and children in Nigeria.
You will be responsible, under the guidance of the Accountability and Advocacy Advisor and the Jigawa State Team Leader (STL), for ensuring that:
- Accountability mechanisms are strengthened, ensuring government and service providers deliver quality MNCH services through active public and broader stakeholder engagement.
- The Facility Health Committee (FHC) model is promoted and strengthened.
- A large number of consultants are coordinating and performing to the highest standard.
- The work produced in your work stream is quality assured to the highest standard ensuring that it can be used at State level to achieve real change.
- Master’s degree in public health or a relevant field.
- Demonstrated coordination experience in international health programmes.
- Experience providing expertise in the area of accountability and/or advocacy programmes in Nigeria, with a particular focus on strengthening communities.
- Experience in mentoring and training for different cadres of staff and partners.
- Experience of managing and coordinating a large number of consultants.
- Excellent written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Health insurance
- 20 days leave (excluding public holidays)
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Siel Devos email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 05 May 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview. Interviews will be held week commencing 15 May 2017
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates are required to have the right to work in Nigeria.