Accountability and Advocacy Advisor
Oversee implementation of advocacy and evidence strategy:
- Support the development of the accountability, advocacy and evidence strategy; and ensure the strategy contributes effectively to the MNCH2 programme outcomes. Ensure the strategy is appropriately adapted for each State context, and effectively translated into State level work plans/
- Oversee and quality assure processes as performed under Options’ led programme indicators, and make sure interventions are sustained beyond the life of the programme, for example through the institutionalization of Facility Health Committees (FHCs) across all states
Strengthen MNCH accountability structures:
- Support the preparation for, and participation in, output-to-purpose reviews
- At least 10 years’ experience of working on large international development programmes in the area of accountability, governance and advocacy in the health sector.
- Experience with the development of accountability and advocacy strategies, and in having a leading role in the implementation of these strategies.
- A sound understanding of core social development concepts, such as voice, accountability, rights-based approaches, gender, equity and social inclusion and/or citizen participation.
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with existing accountability mechanisms in Northern Nigeria.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working with Maternal Death Reviews at facility and state level.
- A commitment to achieving effective and efficient delivery of essential health care for pregnant women, newborns and children, alongside routine immunisation.
- A commitment to ensuring that all Nigerian citizens, including women, the poorest and other marginalized groups, are able to have equal voice and participate in holding government accountable in the delivery of public services.
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Health insurance
- 20 days leave (excluding public holidays)
- To apply, please send your CV with a summary note of your skills and experience to Siel Devos email@example.com. Candidates should state the role in the subject header
- Closing date for applications is: 03 March 2017
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview
Options is an equal opportunities employer
Candidates are required to have the right to work in Nigeria.