Catalysing social change
It is strong political leadership that has propelled the greatest achievements in improving health and reducing early mortality. Across the globe, women and girls continue to be disproportionately excluded from the resources necessary for development. Political will at international, national and local levels adds powerful momentum to strategies to tackle the deep social inequalities of class, caste, ethnicity and gender that stop people accessing the healthcare and education they need.
Advocacy and social change are at the heart of what we do, whether working to achieve gender equality or helping ensure universal health care. We are experts in driving transformational programmes that foster political will and enhance social movements for change. Key to this is our skill in creating partnerships between organisations, and supporting networks and coalitions to use evidence-based communications and advocacy that help people achieve their goals for change.
We work with organisations from grassroots groups to national governments to:
- Develop and manage branded campaigns that can mobilise a critical mass of people, organisations and networks into a united global movement
- Strengthen national coalitions by providing them with the communications expertise and products that can drive social change and accountability
- Influence, mobilise and drive rapid systemic change through generating, packaging and using evidence to inspire effective and targeted advocacy and accountability efforts
- Empower poor communities by developing the accountability mechanisms and accessible tools needed to drive change
- Improve transparency, hold governments to commitments, promote increased political will, and raise funds to support change through evidence-based communications and media advocacy.